Wednesday 16 November 2011

Dimmu Borgir Show

And so, I bought a ticket to go see Dimmu Borgir....A band I got into back when one of my brother's mates left the 'Death Cult Armageddon' and 'Enthroned Darkness Triumphant' albums round ours. I was 16 and copied it onto my PC, and played it none stop when I would play Aliens vs Predator 2 online after collage....great soundtrack for a game like that!
The gig itself was in a small venue in Colchester (the Arts Center)..I get show timetables from this place all the time, but I didn't find out about the show from that (as it wasn't put in)...instead it was by pure chance! One evening after finishing work I went to Tesco to buy some crap...whilest in Tesco I found myself in the magazine part looking at mags that came with 'free gifts'...This is when the rock mag Metal Hammer cought my eye, as it was it's 25th Birthday and so came with a free T-Shirt, thus making the normal £4 something price of the mag worth paying lol.....Anyways when I got home a had alook through the mag and very rapidly found myself near the back where the gig adverts are.....This is when I saw Dimmu Borgir and saw they were playing in Colchester!


The show was intense and I was right at the front for both sets, I was on the left facing the stage for the first, then on the right facing the stage for the second! (they played from 8:40-9:40...then changed outfits and played again at 10 till 11..NO support bands!). I brought my proper lil digital camera as i knew my phone wouldn't have high quility or much memory. I Took a few video clips and 20 odd photos.

Here's the video I made using my clips I took from one of the best live shows I'v seen...probably the best live show were I was in the crowd! Plus I got a plectrum thrown at me by Cyrus on bass..sweet.




Here's some of the best photos I took, some of which have been played with on photoshop.


    
 ^ Made Black and white and contrast/brightness played with on photoshop
 ^ Made Black and white and contrast/brightness played with on photoshop
        


             ^ Black and white and contrast/brightness played with on Photoshop.



Photos and video clips taken on my 'Fujifilm Finepix JV' camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment